SATEL is a leading developer and producer of mission-critical wireless communication solutions. We are now investing increased efforts in the data transmission demands for advancing automated and autonomous applications. To do this, we need energetic, competent experts to join our world-class technology team.
At present, digitalization and automation are advancing in leaps and bounds in construction, mining, and agriculture. In the upcoming years, this development will continue to move strongly towards machines and devices that operate independently, autonomously. It calls for extensive development in the global field of technology, for example in wireless data transmission technologies for artificial intelligence, sensor reading and safety signals.
As a Hardware Designer you are responsible of HW Design from prestudy to production transfer including design, verifications and type approvals.
Our HW and RF team consists of experienced and dedicated HW, mechanics, RF and layout designers. The designers work in product projects developing mission-critical communications equipment.
Your responsibilities include tasks ranging from customer requirement and applicable standard analysis, how they apply to the design at hand as well as electronics design, simulations, block and circuit diagram drawing and layout design support.
In order to succeed in this role, we wish you possess following qualities and merits:
- Engineering degree or Master of Science degree in the relevant field
- HW design experience and knowledge of electronics components and their selection
- Understanding of device internal and external buses, eg. SPI, I2C, CAN, USB, Ethernet
- You can design switched mode power supplies, and are familiar with microcontrollers
- Experience of schematics tools, eg. PADS, and other applicable tools and measurement devices
- You understand at least the basics of EMC, radio systems and RF signal propagation
- You use verbal and written English fluently and effectively
We offer you independent and diverse tasks, where your strengths and interests are used. You will also be offered possibilities to further develop your skills. You will be a part of motivated team of professionals. The cornerstones of our company are high workmanship, satisfied customers, research and development as well as dedicated personnel.
Should you be interested in this position, and you feel this could be you, we would like to discuss more about you and SATEL as an employer. For more information, please contact Product Development Director Jussi Savolainen, p. 040 595 6711 (Tuesdays between 13-16). Please send your application by using this link (encrypted e-mail).
Please go check out our video introduction at https://youtu.be/WQB804UQxlg