SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) systems monitor and control operations remotely. SCADA applications are used for example in electricity distribution and gas utilities, waterworks, windmills, wastewater treatment, district heating, manufacturing and production.
SCADA – utility systems require a highly reliable monitoring and controlling network. Malfunctions should be pinpointed quickly and even restored remotely. Energy transmission and distribution, in particular, is very sensitive to problematic situations. Possible breaks in distribution must be kept as short as possible – there is no room for errors or delays.
Our radio technology and expertise ensure reliable, secure and independent data connectivity in monitoring and controlling the condition of the SCADA – utility system. The solutions are comprehensive and easy to implement and expand. We offer smart communication for smart grids.
SATEL XPRS meets all the mission-critical requirements
SATEL XPRS communications solution offers the most reliable long-range data connectivity and the highest availability for mission-critical applications under all circumstances. It can be built in any location, even when there is no public network availability at all. With back-up power, it also works in total electricity blackout scenarios.
SATEL XPRS can be used in co-operation with adjacent technologies with integrated redundancy and routing protocols. It also enables a step-by-step network modernization process by combining the IP solution to the existing legacy serial component with integrated protocol gateway functionality. Read more about SATEL XPRS.
Examples of SCADA – UTILITY systems with our products are:
- Electricity distribution: communication between the disconnector, re-closers and secondary substations terminal units and the network control center
- Advanced metering infrastructure / Automatic meter reading (AMI / AMR): monitoring of electricity consumption in real time
- Renewable energy: controlling and monitoring remote sites
- Waterworks: remote control and real-time monitoring of pumping stations, water reservoirs and distribution substations
- District heating: monitoring of measurement stations and pumps, remote control and real-time monitoring of control valves
- Gas pipelines: gas compressing and pressure reduction stations monitoring
If you have any questions about our solutions and want to know how they could support your business, please contact us or our local distributor.